Tara Sweeney joined Soloway Wright in 2000 as a civil litigation lawyer in Ottawa. Tara practices general litigation, but specializes in Personal Injury, Accident Benefits, Medical Malpractice, and Insurance Law. Tara has a special interest in traumatic/acquired brain injury (neurolaw) and obstetrical negligence (birth injuries). Tara has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court of Ontario, the Court of Appeal for Ontario, the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and various administrative tribunals, including professional colleges, both Federal and Provincial.
Tara has been accepted by the Superior Court of Justice as an expert in Plaintiff’s personal injury and Statutory Accident Benefits litigation (see Meehan v. Good (2012), ONSC 612).
Tara served on the Board of Directors of The Advocates’ Society, the preeminent organization which represents Canadian advocates, from 2016 to 2020.
Call to Bar 2000
- LLB, University of Windsor (1998)
- M.A., University of Western Ontario (1995)
- B.S.Sc. (Hons), University of Ottawa (1994)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Paroain, Raphael, Courey, Cohen & Houston Insurance Law Award
- Nelligan Power Trial Advocacy Award
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Advocate’s Society
- Women and the Law
- Canadian Bar Association
- County of Carleton Law Association, CPD Accreditation Committee
- The Advocates’ Society.