Tara Sweeney joined Soloway Wright in 2000 as a civil litigation lawyer in Ottawa. Tara practices general litigation, including Professional Negligence, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Estates Litigation and Commercial Litigation. Tara has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court of Ontario, the Court of Appeal for Ontario, the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and various administrative tribunals, including professional colleges, both Federal and Provincial.
Tara has been accepted by the Superior Court of Justice as an expert in Plaintiff’s personal injury and Statutory Accident Benefits litigation (see Meehan v. Good (2012), ONSC 612) and has been recognized in both Lexpert and in Best Lawyers for her expertise in Medical Negligence.
Tara served on the Board of Directors of The Advocates’ Society, the preeminent organization which represents Canadian advocates, from 2016 to 2020 and is currently on the Board of Directors of the Vorlage Racing Club.
Call to Bar 2000
- LLB, University of Windsor (1998)
- M.A., University of Western Ontario (1995)
- B.S.Sc. (Hons), University of Ottawa (1994)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Paroain, Raphael, Courey, Cohen & Houston Insurance Law Award
- Nelligan Power Trial Advocacy Award
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Advocate’s Society
- County of Carleton Law Association, CPD Accreditation Committee
- The Advocates’ Society.