Municipal, Land Development & Expropriation
- Drafting municipal documents such as official plans, zoning by-laws, development charge by-laws, conservation documents etc.
- Official plan amendments
- Zoning by-law amendments
- Minor variances and legal non-conforming uses
- Subdivision approval
- Severances/Consents including strata severances
- Site plan control
- Condominium development and conversions
- Heritage and conservation issues
- Environmental matters including wetlands, natural heritage, endangered and threatened species
- Development charge matters including drafting development charge by-laws
- Agreements including Development Agreements, Front Ending Agreements, Cost Sharing Agreements, and Land Owner Agreements etc.
- Pit and quarry approvals
- Municipal licensing
- Provincial offences
At Soloway Wright, we have helped municipalities, community groups, private developers, land owners, and construction companies build Ottawa, Kingston and Eastern Ontario into the leading communities they are today.
We understand not only the importance of getting your development project off the ground but in maintaining momentum throughout the project lifecycle. We work closely with our industry-leading Real Estate & Development and Litigation teams to ensure your project gets the comprehensive advice and support needed through the entire development process.
We routinely represent clients at municipal or regional Councils, Committees of Adjustment, conservation authorities, the Board of Negotiation, the Ontario Municipal Board, now the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal, land division committees, tribunals, and the Ontario Superior Court or Ontario Divisional Court.
From the application stage, through to representation at Council and other significant committees, boards and tribunals, our Municipal, Land Development & Expropriation team prides itself on working tirelessly to find fast, efficient and practical solutions for our property development clients.Download