Employment, Labour & Public Law
- COVID-related employment law issues including reductions in salary or hours, temporary lay-offs, restructuring or terminations
- Wrongful dismissals, constructive dismissals and unfair labour practices
- Severance packages
- Workforce reorganizations
- Disability claims and accommodations
- Employment contracts and employee handbooks
- Confidentiality agreements, non-solicitation agreements and non-competition agreements
- Ontario and federal human rights legislation complaints and adjudications
- Misconduct, harassment and workplace violence investigations
- Employment Standards Act compliance and adjudications
- Canada Labour Code and Labour Relations Act arbitrations
- Applications to judicially review governmental and tribunal decisions
At Soloway Wright, we have successfully advised, negotiated and advocated on behalf of corporate employers, individual employees, professional associations and labour unions for over 70 years. Through our work, we’ve built a national reputation for resolving the most difficult of issues, while helping clients stay ahead of an ever-changing workplace environment.
One reason for our success is our commitment to representing both employers and employees. Unlike many firms that concentrate on one or the other, our broad experience gives us unique insight into the strengths, vulnerabilities and motivations of both sides—giving us an edge whenever we are negotiating for you.
Whatever your workplace issue, we are committed to working with you to resolve it effectively and efficiently, avoiding litigation wherever possible. When, despite our best efforts, settlement proves elusive, we are equally strong litigators, with a long track record of winning employment litigation and human rights disputes.