Our Student Program
Soloway Wright LLP is pleased to invite students participating in the 2023 2L summer recruitment to attend one of our upcoming virtual Coffee Chats. During the virtual Coffee Chats, students will have an opportunity to meet lawyers and current students from our firm and to get to know Soloway Wright prior to the recruitment application deadline. Register for one of our upcoming Coffee Chats!
Soloway Wright aims to hire three summer law students and three articling students to work out of our Ottawa office. Summer students work with the firm from May to August, with the intention that these law students will return to article with us the following year. Watch “A Day in the Life of An Articling Student” video created by and featuring this year’s students.
Congratulations Doug Kelly!
For Doug Kelly, 2022 is the year in which he is being recognized for his extensive contributions to the law and land development in Ontario. In his 51st year of a practice, Doug has been thrice recognized by the legal community in Ottawa and across Ontario. His awards include:
- The Abe Feinstein Solicitor Award for a solicitor who has distinguished themselves throughout their career by exemplary service to the County of Carleton Law Association (CCLA) and to the profession and has shown commitment to the community – presented June 2022.
- The OBA Barnet Kussner Award of Excellence in Municipal Law for a practitioner who had proven skills and expertise in the provision of legal services, including written and oral advocacy, legal advice, negotiation skills, and alternative dispute resolution – to be presented September 2022.
- The Bar Umbrella for members of the CCLA who have celebrated the 50th anniversary of their call to the Bar – presented June 2022.
Soloway Wright could not be prouder of the contributions that Doug has made to so many facets of land use, development and expropriation law. No one has kept count but it is safe to say that hundreds, if not thousands, of subdivisions have been registered by Doug Kelly, resulting in thousands of homes.
Ottawa and Eastern Ontario would not be what it is today without your work.
Congratulations on 51 remarkable years of practice!
- Business & Corporate Law
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Litigation
- Condominium Law
- Construction Law
- Corporate Finance & Securities
- Employment, Labour & Public Law
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Insurance Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Municipal, Land Development & Expropriation
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate & Development
- Tax Practice
- Workplace Investigations
The Right Balance.
Balance means being grounded, measured, always ready to act. At Soloway Wright, we pride ourselves on offering our clients the right balance of size and expertise, collegiality and determination, community focus and global reach. That balance extends to our practice areas. While we are renowned as one of Canada’s top real estate firms, we also offer leadership across a broad range of practices from corporate finance to employment law to personal injury.