As a member of our Business & Corporate and Corporate Finance & Securities groups, Iwona specializes in corporate commercial, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and securities law. Whether helping a new venture negotiate an international venture capital deal, advising a CFO of a global corporation on a major acquisition, structuring new development projects, assisting owner-managed businesses and high net worth individuals with their ventures, or working with the Executive Director of a national not-for-profit, Iwona Albrecht sees each business transaction as an opportunity to build value for her clients.
Iwona believes in a team approach and works with her colleagues to ensure everything from corporate reorganizations, complex corporate structures, to cross-border transactions, acquisitions, dispositions and mergers reaches the most practical and complete end result. With her ability to leverage strengths across the stakeholder groups, apply the strategic insight gained from participating in and completing over 150 high-profile transactions, and pragmatically build business momentum, Iwona is a trusted partner for leading local, national and international businesses.
A Partner with Soloway Wright, Iwona joined the firm in 2013 after several years practicing with a national firm. In 2014, she was named one of Ottawa’s Forty under 40 and contributes to our community holding several board positions.
Call to Bar 2005
- LLB, University of Ottawa (2004)
- BA, High Honours, Carleton University (1999)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Institute of Corporate Directors
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the American Bar Association, M&A Sub-committee
- Past Director, The Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health
- Past Director, YMCA-YWCA National Capital Region
- Past Director, Ottawa Board of Trade
- Mentor, Legal Links and Bridges Program, University of Ottawa
- Member, Organizing Committee for Canadian Tax Foundation Ottawa Chapter Conference