Dan Leduc practices almost exclusively in the field of construction law and dispute resolution. He is frequently called upon to advise and represent owners, subcontractors, suppliers, and builders in such front-end services as contract reviews, tender issues, and general construction matters, as well as in litigation and arbitration.
Mr. Leduc is experienced in negotiating, mediating, arbitrating, and litigating all manner of construction disputes including construction liens, trust claims, delay claims, construction insurance claims, and architect’s and engineer’s errors and omissions. He has experience in drafting and negotiating various forms of construction contracts on behalf of owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers. Mr. Leduc also has experience in surety bond claims, including performance bond claims and labour and material payment bond claims, as well as managing cases involving large volumes of documents, at times, in excess of 2,000,000 documents.
Rankings and Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Construction law “Lawyer of the Year,” 2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Construction law, 2018-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012-2022: recommended in Construction Law
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Construction, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2016): Construction
- Chambers Global: Canada (2015): Construction