We are proud to be in the Career Directory as one of Canada’s best employers for new graduates.
At Soloway Wright, we are proud of the quality and dedication of our team of lawyers, office staff and students. From the time of the first partnership of Hyman Soloway and John Mirsky, we have believed in teamwork and collaboration for success.
If you are looking for a firm where teamwork is valued, where you can access a great breadth of experience and where community-building is a priority, we would love to meet you.
Please browse our current job openings in Ottawa and Kingston and send a copy of your CV in Rich Text Format (RTF) to email@example.com. If there are no posted opportunities that match your interests, feel free to submit your CV for future opportunities.
Soloway Wright is an equal opportunity employer and will work with and accommodate persons with disabilities throughout the entire selection process.
REAL ESTATE CLERK
Soloway, Wright LLP seeks a full-time Real Estate Clerk to join its team. The successful candidate should be an experienced legal clerk with an extensive background in commercial and residential real estate.
- Handling purchases and sales of various types of properties.
- Reviewing agreements.
- Conducting off-title enquiries and title searches.
- Drafting closing documents, and prepare and register electronic documents etc.
- Communicating effectively with clients, financial institutions, title insurance companies, land registry offices, municipalities and third parties.
- Preparing emails, correspondence, authorizations and directions and various other documentation.
- Handling all aspects of real estate transactions from beginning to end.
- Supporting lawyers by assembling and organizing client file information.
- Serving as a point of contact for clients by providing ongoing file updates.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ commercial and residential real estate experience.
- Minimum of a law clerk diploma or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Strong knowledge of Ontario real estate and related legislation (including Condominium Act, Registry Office, Tarion, Land Titles, Planning Act, HST and LTT legislation, regulations, bulletins, forms, precedents and procedures).
- Ability and desire to work independently, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and take responsibility for work and manage multiple client files.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving skills.
- A willingness to learn, grow and embrace our client-centric model for legal services.
- Must have experience with and knowledge of Conveyancer, Teraview, Word, Excel and Outlook. Proficient in web-based communications.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
Excellent benefits package available. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
If interested in this position please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soloway Wright LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.