Sybil Johnson-Abbott is an Ottawa real estate lawyer and a member of our Real Estate & Development and Commercial Leasing law groups. Sybil brings to the firm extensive experience in commercial real estate transactions, conveyancing and financing matters. She routinely acts on purchases and sales transactions for commercial, residential, condominium and rural properties. She also advises on municipal related real estate, including land development, subdivision and site plan agreements, and applications for severance.
Her practice includes negotiating and drafting agreements of purchase and sale, advising on secured lending and mortgage enforcement matters and coordinating municipal work related to land development. She also has substantial experience advising on commercial leasing, providing title opinions, drafting easement agreements and co-ownership agreements and routinely acts on asset purchase transactions.
Outside of the work sphere, Sybil enjoys watching and playing all types of sports from A to Z.
Call to Bar 2002
- L. B., McGill University (2001)
- A., University of Saskatchewan (1995)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Dean’s Honour List, McGill University (2000)
- Dean’s Honour List, University of Saskatchewan (1993)
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Chair and Creator, Locks for the Law program