Julia joined Soloway Wright’s Ottawa office in 2014 as a member of our Business & Corporate, Commercial Leasing, Corporate Finance & Securities, Real Estate & Development groups. Julia is a transactional lawyer whose practice includes mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions including mortgage transactions, corporate reorganizations, and the purchase and sale of real estate. Julia also regularly advises clients on how to structure their business enterprise whether as a corporation, partnership, limited partnership, co-tenancy or otherwise, including the preparation of shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements and co-tenancy agreements. In addition to transactional matters, Julia handles commercial leasing matters from both the landlord and tenant perspectives and assists her clients with contract drafting and negotiation.
Outside of work, Julia enjoys exploring nature with her family – preferably in a canoe in the Georgian Bay or on one of the many beautiful trails we are lucky to have a short distance from downtown Ottawa.
Call to Bar 2014
- J.D., Dalhousie University (2013)
- M.A., University of Toronto (2010)
- B.Sc. (Hons.), Dalhousie University (2007)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association
- Co-Chair of the County of Carleton Law Association’s Solicitor’s Conference Planning Committee
- Past Member of the Royal Ottawa Foundation Ottawa Run for Women Committee
- Past Member of the Executive and Board of Directors for the Women’s Business Network of Canada (“WBN”)
- Past Member and Chair of the BYAs Nominating and Awards Committee of the WBN