Andre is a partner in Ottawa and practices in both official languages. Andre’s practice primarily encompasses banking, insolvency and restructuring litigation, representing major financial institutions, including chartered banks, credit unions and trust companies, as well as licensed insolvency trustee firms. Andre has extensive experience in complex insolvencies, receiverships and restructurings, and has appeared at all levels of Court in Ontario in such matters, including Commercial List proceedings.
Andre also has extensive experience in commercial litigation matters, including shareholder remedies and disputes, franchise disputes and commercial tenancies, and insurance defence litigation, including personal injury and property claims, claims against directors and officers and errors and omissions claims.
Andre is featured by Best Lawyers in the areas of insolvency and financial restructuring law, and corporate and commercial litigation.
Call to Bar 2001
- MA/LLB (magna cum laude), offered jointly by the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs and the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law (1999)
- BA (Hons.), Concordia University (1995)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario (AJEFO)
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association