Douglas Kelly is a real estate and development lawyer in Ottawa. As a member of our Municipal, Land Development & Expropriation, Doug has worked both for private and public sector corporations including the former Regional Municipality of Ottawa-Carleton, many municipalities in Eastern Ontario and the City of Ottawa. He has represented numerous major builders and developers in the Ottawa-Eastern Ontario Region.
In the area of expropriation law, Doug is a member of the Ontario Expropriation Association and has represented municipalities, expropriating authorities and expropriated parties on numerous major expropriation matters including the appeals of those matters to the Courts. Doug has also been appointed by the Minister of Justice as a Hearing Inquiry Officer.
Call to Bar 1971
- LLB, University of Ottawa (1969)
- B.A., Carleton University (1966)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Past President of Lambda Alpha International (Ottawa Chapter)
- Building Owners and Managers Association
- Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association
- Ontario Expropriation Association