Ryan Garrett is a lawyer in Ottawa specializing in Medical Malpractice, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Condominium Law and Personal Injury cases. Prior to joining Soloway Wright in 2010, Ryan practiced civil and commercial litigation with a national firm in Vancouver, British Columbia after being called to the bar of that Province in 2006. Ryan also worked as a judicial law clerk at the Supreme Court of British Columbia, assisting six judges of that Court. Ryan appeared and assisted senior counsel before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Provincial Court, all levels of Court in British Columbia, as well as the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal.
Call to Bar 2010 (ON), 2006 (BC)
- LLB, University of British Columbia (2004)
- B.Sc., University of British Columbia (1999)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Ranked second overall for academic achievement in graduating class, 2004
- Kashmir Singh Manhas scholarship for academic achievement, 2004
- Borden Ladner Gervais prize in Conflict of Laws, 2004
- Jaqueline Dearman Memorial Prize in Family Law, 2004
- Borden Ladner Gervais Prize in International Business Law, 2004
- Panvini scholarship for academic achievement, 2003
- Bull Housser and Tupper Prize in Business Law, 2003
- Volunteer student coach for the Ontario Justice Education Network’s mock trial program (2012)
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association and the Canadian Bar Association.