Elizabeth Maiden has over 25 years of experience as a real estate lawyer in Ottawa. As a member of our Real Estate & Development Law Group, Elizabeth practices commercial and residential real estate, land development and municipal law.
Since joining the Soloway Wright team in 2004, Elizabeth has established herself as the go-to lawyer for numerous condo developments including high and low rise condominiums, common element and vacant land condominiums, mixed-use buildings and condominium conversions. Her work in this area often requires addressing complex, co-ownership issues and shared facilities agreements. She has worked with a number of notable developers including Minto Communities, Urbandale, Charlesfort, Regional Realty, Richcraft and Fuller Construction and she has completed the behind the scenes work for many of the condominium developments you walk and drive by every day.
In addition to her condominium work, Elizabeth has also acted for numerous corporations on the purchase and financing of commercial properties, and has appeared before various municipal committees and councils.
Call to Bar 1989
- B.Comm., Laurentian University (1981)
- LLB, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (1987)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Land Acquisition Committee, Habitat for Humanity, National Capital Region since June, 2010
- Competitive ballroom dancer
- Previously a certified Trainer and volunteered on numerous girls minor league hockey teams