Ursula Melinz joined Soloway Wright in 2000 as an Articling student and continued in 2002 as a municipal lawyer in Ottawa.
613-236-0111, ext. 2048
Ursula Melinz joined Soloway Wright in 2000 as an Articling student and continued in 2002 as a municipal lawyer in Ottawa. As a member of our Municipal, Land Development & Expropriation, Ursula advises and represents a full range of clients in eastern Ontario including developers, municipalities, associations, businesses and individual homeowners.
Ursula assists clients in pursuing site-specific development matters in addition to broad policy issues such as development charges, development dedications or levies (such as parkland dedications) and whole scale re-writes of official plans and zoning by-laws. She has extensive experience in taking raw land through the development approval process to obtain subdivision or site plan approval, and obtaining building permits so that construction may proceed.
Ursula routinely works with many developers in Ottawa and Eastern Ontario. She is also the administrator for several community development areas in the City of Ottawa. These duties include writing and administering agreements for large groups of landowners. She frequently appears before Municipal Committees and Councils, the Ontario Municipal Board and the Board of Negotiation on behalf of clients. She has also appeared before the Ontario Divisional Court for expropriation matters.
Ursula continues to actively explore the City in both her professional and personal pursuits (running, cycling or skiing) with her children.
Year of Call to Bar
- LLB, University of Ottawa (2000)
- Hons. Soc.Sc. & FLS, University of Ottawa (1996)
English and French
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association
- Lambda Alpha International (Ottawa Chapter)
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Canadian Bar Association
Community Activities & Memberships
- Cross Country Ski coach Nakkertok Ski Club
- A certified coach with Cross Country Ski Canada
- Community Soccer coach
- Actively enjoys outdoor activities e.g. cross country skiing, cycling, running and yoga
Conferences, Publications, Presentations, & Seminars
- University of Ottawa Law School, Common Law Facility, teaching the Municipal and Planning Law course to students (2003 to 2007)
- Montebello Solicitor’s Conference May 2010 and 2013
Review list of Publications.
- Fernbank Landowners Group
- Barrhaven South Land Owners Group
- Urban infill development
- Suburban subdivision approval
- City of Ottawa LRT Project – representing owners & tenants
- City of Ottawa road widenings (expropriation or acquisition)