Sybil Johnson-Abbott is an Ottawa real estate lawyer and a member of our Real Estate and Development and Commercial Leasing law groups.
613-236-0111 ext. 3190
Sybil Johnson-Abbott is an Ottawa real estate lawyer and a member of our Real Estate and Development and Commercial Leasing law groups. Sybil brings to the firm extensive experience in commercial real estate transactions, conveyancing and financing matters. She routinely acts on purchases and sales transactions for commercial, residential, condominium and rural properties. She also advises on municipal related real estate, including land development, subdivision and site plan agreements, and applications for severance.
Her practice includes negotiating and drafting agreements of purchase and sale, advising on secured lending and mortgage enforcement matters and coordinating municipal work related to land development. She also has substantial experience advising on commercial leasing, providing title opinions, drafting easement agreements and co-ownership agreements and routinely acts on asset purchase transactions.
Outside of the work sphere, Sybil enjoys watching and playing all types of sports from A to Z and has recently taken up swimming.
Year of Call to Bar
English Conversant in French
Community Activities & Memberships
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Chair, 2012 BLG Ottawa United Way Campaign; Volunteer, 2009-present
- Chair and Creator, Locks for the Law program
Conferences, Publications, Presentations, & Seminars
- Co-presenter, "GST/HST & Real Property Transactions in Canada," Webinar, February 2015.
- Author/Speaker, "Not Your Standard Requisitions," Ontario Bar Association real estate conference, February 2013.
- Author/Speaker, "Easements and Rights of Ways: How to Right the Wrongs," Ontario Bar Association real estate conference, October 2011.
- Author, "Binding your Purchaser," Lawyer's Weekly, 2009.
- Author, "The fight against Mortgage Fraud," Lawyer's Weekly, 2009.