Prior to joining Soloway Wright, Kyle completed his Juris Doctor at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law.
Kyle Van Schie
Employment, Labour & Public Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Personal Injury
Kyle joined Soloway Wright as an Associate in 2015 after completing his articles with the firm. Kyle is a litigation lawyer who is a member of the Employment, Labour and Public Law, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law and Personal Injury Practice Groups. Kyle is also a contributor to the Soloway Wright Labour & Employment Law Newsletters.
Prior to joining Soloway Wright, Kyle completed his Juris Doctor at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law. During his legal studies, Kyle completed several internships with local practitioners as well as government legal departments, including the Department of Justice, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada. Kyle also served as a teaching assistant for the Faculty of Law’s Dispute Resolution Practicum course. Prior to attending law school, Kyle completed his Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Legal Studies with a minor in History at the University of Waterloo.
Away from the office, Kyle enjoys spending time with his wife and young son. He is also a sports enthusiast who follows the sports world closely and is always up for a game whether on the ice, the links, the field or the court.
Year of Call to Bar
- J.D. University of Ottawa (2014)
- B.A. (Hons.), University of Waterloo (2010)
Awards & Recognitions
- Ranked in the top 10 of his graduating class, University of Ottawa (2014)
- Common Law Entrance Scholarship, University of Ottawa (2011)
- Ranked 2nd among the Legal Studies graduating class, University of Waterloo (2010)
- Published essay “Clergy Sexual Misconduct and the Law” at the University of Waterloo (2010)
- Arts Alumni Entrance Scholarship, University of Waterloo (2006 - 2007)
- University of Waterloo President’s Scholarship, University of Waterloo (2006)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association
- Member of the Christian Legal Fellowship