Julia joined Soloway Wright in 2014 as a corporate and real estate lawyer in our Ottawa office after completing her articles with the firm.
Real Estate & Development, Business and Corporate Law, Corporate Finance & Securities, Commercial Leasing
Julia joined Soloway Wright in 2014 as a corporate and real estate lawyer in our Ottawa office after completing her articles with the firm. Julia is a member of our Business and Corporate, Commercial Leasing, Corporate Finance and Securities, Real Estate and Development. Julia’s corporate practice includes the purchase and sale of businesses, contract drafting and corporate structure matters such as incorporations and corporate restructurings. She also advises with regards to compliance with securities legislation and commercial leasing matters. Julia’s real estate practice consists of all aspects of real estate transactions, including residential and commercial purchases, sales and financings.
During her legal studies, Julia completed a program in Public International Law at the Queen’s University Herstmonceux Castle in England. She also spent a semester at the University of Arizona in Tucson where she received the Excellence for the Future Award for the highest mark in Conflict of Laws and explored the Sonoran desert. At Dalhousie, Julia was an active member of the Dal Law Community Outreach Committee, holding a position as co-chair during her second year. She also represented Dalhousie at the Davies’ Corporate/Securities Law Moot in her final year. Prior to attending law school, Julia completed her M.A. in history and philosophy of science at the University of Toronto, and her B.Sc. Hons. in biology and mathematics at Dalhousie.
Year of Call to Bar
- J.D., Dalhousie University (2013)
- M.A., University of Toronto (2010)
- B.Sc. (Hons.), Dalhousie University (2007)
English and French
Awards & Recognitions
- Excellence for the Future Award in Conflict of Laws (2012)
- University of Toronto Kathleen Coburn Fellowship (2008)
- University of Toronto Fellowship (2008)
- Dalhousie University Dean’s List (2003, 2005-7)
- Dalhousie University Entrance Scholarship (2002)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association
- Member of the Executive and Board of Directors for the Women Business Network of Canada