John O’Toole is an Ottawa Lawyer in our Commercial Litigation group.
613-236-0111 ext. 4012
John joined Soloway Wright LLP in 2015 as a Commercial Litigation Lawyer in Ottawa. Prior to joining Soloway Wright, John worked for many years in a large national law firm. John specializes in commercial litigation with particular expertise in banking litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency, mortgage disputes, commercial tenancies, construction litigation (including liens), and shareholder remedies.
John’s extensive client base encompasses financial institutions including many chartered banks, trust companies and insurance companies. He also represents major bankruptcy trustee firms as well as a number of Ottawa area construction companies and commercial landlords.
Year of Call to Bar
- BA of Economics, University of Western Ontario (1982)
- LLB, University of Western Ontario (1986)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member of Law Society of Upper Canada, Canadian Bar Association (Insolvency Section) and County of Carleton Law Association
- Advocate in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice
- The Ontario Court of Appeal
- The Federal Court of Canada