Christine Powell joined Soloway Wright in 2011 as a civil litigation lawyer in Ottawa.
613-236-0111, ext. 2114
Christine Powell joined Soloway Wright in 2011 as a civil litigation lawyer in Ottawa. Christine is a member of our Insurance Law, Commercial Litigation, Condominium Law and Personal Injury groups. Christine is also fluently bilingual and is able to assist her clients in either Official language.
Christine has appeared at all levels of the Ontario Court on a variety of civil litigation matters, including the Superior Court of Ontario, Divisional Court, and Ontario Court of Appeal.
At home Christine is kept busy with her two young and active children. A sports enthusiast, Christine maintains her sanity playing organized basketball, volleyball, in addition to soccer with the Ottawa Internationals. She also volunteers her time with the Nakertok cross country ski club.
Year of Call to Bar
- LLB, University of Windsor (1998)
- B.Sc., McGill University (1994)
English and French
Awards & Recognitions
- Herbert Egerton Harris Advocacy Scholarship
- Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History Prize
- Gowling Strathy & Henderson Prize
Professional Activities & Memberships
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Advocate's Society
- Past secretary of the Medical Legal Society of Ottawa-Carleton
Community Activities & Memberships
- Past board member of the Colonel By Childcare Centre
Conferences, Publications, Presentations, & Seminars
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Queen’s University chapter – Dinner with Industry - Guest Speaker (January 2013)
- Ontario Trial Lawyers’ Association Fall Conference - Speaker (October 2012)
- The Advocate Society Courthouse Series – Moderator (February 2012)
- CCLA Civil Litigation Conference – Speaker (November 2011)
Cases & Transactions
- Splinter v. Villeneuve,  Oj No. 3721 (SCJ)
- Abdul-Ghani v. Zappia,  OJ No. 4872 (SCJ)
- Diallo v. Toronto Community Housing Corp,  O.J. No. 2499 (CA)
- Jolicoeur v. Hawkesbury (Ville),  OJ No 3835 (Div Ct)
- Potvin v. Canadian Museum of Nature,  OJ No. 2020 (SCJ)
- Fleury v. Fleury,  O.J. No. 1720 (CA)