Catherine has extensive experience in lending transactions, corporate re-organizations, private mergers and acquisitions and all forms of joint ventures, partnerships, trusts and strategic alliances as well as commercial contracts.
1-800-263-4257, ext. 5112
Catherine was in private practice with Canada’s major national law firms in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver for 20 years before recently joining Soloway Wright in her hometown of Kingston as a member of our Business Law Group. She has extensive experience in lending transactions, corporate re-organizations, private mergers and acquisitions and all forms of joint ventures, partnerships, trusts and strategic alliances as well as commercial contracts. She has advised clients from start-up businesses to major corporations and banks in both domestic and cross-border settings.
Catherine’s debt finance experience includes traditional secured and unsecured loans, asset-backed loans, bond placements and structured finance. On the corporate side, she has worked with accounting and other professionals to reorganize businesses and corporate groups for tax, liability, succession planning and other purposes. Her mergers and acquisitions practice involves share and asset purchases and dispositions from diligence analysis and term sheets through to final agreements. She has served on and advised the boards of many non-profit organizations and has been involved in community organizations across the country.
Year of Call to Bar
Ontario - 1992, Alberta - 2007. Northwest Territories - 2011, British Columbia - 2012
- B.A. (Hons.), Queen’s University
- MBA, Queen's University
- LLB, University of British Columbia/Osgoode Hall Law School
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, Frontenac Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Law Society of the Northwest Territories
Community Activities & Memberships
- Pro Bono Services for Canadian Education Partnership
- Chair and Co-Chair, Alberta Committee, Canadian Women’s Foundation Women Moving Women Campaign
- Co-Chair, Vancouver Events Steering Committee, Canadian Women’s Foundation