Our Tax Law Group represents individuals and corporations in a variety of tax issues and often works closely with the client’s accountants. One of our Ottawa tax lawyers can assist you with specialized services in all areas of tax law including:
- Personal tax planning and estate planning including tax-planned wills and trusts;
- Tax issues of concern to professionals including lawyers, accountants, physicians and dentists and incorporation issues of concern to such professionals;
- Tax issues affecting professional partnerships and associations;
- Tax issues affecting private corporations;
- Business succession tax planning including the implementation of estate freezes within family owned companies, internal management buy-outs of private corporations and the sale of businesses;
- Reorganizations of private corporations and tax issues connected to owner-manager compensation and income splitting within family units;
- The taxation of different forms of executive compensation including the tax treatment of stock options;
- Advising clients in connection with tax reassessments and tax dispute resolution;
- Advising clients in connection with cross border tax issues.
Our Tax Law Group prides itself on providing cost effective quality tax advice to clients of all sizes. The implementation of tax planning sometimes requires assistance of lawyers from a variety of legal disciplines. With the expertise at Soloway Wright, we have the ability to provide comprehensive legal services to address all of the issues that arise.