The law firm now known as Soloway, Wright LLP, first opened its doors in 1945 when the late Hyman Soloway started a law practice with his friend and colleague John Mirsky. The firm specialized in commercial, criminal and litigation law. Our strength in these areas - with the exception of criminal law - are proudly upheld to this day. By 1960, Soloway, Wright had become the largest real estate practice in Ottawa as a result of a merger with Greenberg, Gorsky.
Since then, our firm’s prominence in resolving complex real estate and corporate legal deals has become entrenched throughout Eastern Ontario. Our strength in real estate and corporate law is equally matched in litigation. The legal team at Soloway, Wright has evolved to also now practice in the areas of commercial litigation, personal injury, medical malpractice and employment and labour.
Throughout its history, Soloway, Wright has taken particular pride in training and developing an exceptionally high calibre of legal expertise. In turn, our lawyers are dedicated to serving the legal profession by participating at the executive levels of numerous local and provincial professional legal associations and organizations.
Over the past seven decades, Soloway, Wright LLP, has also proudly watched an exceptionally high number of its lawyers become judges, with at least nine former partners of the firm have been named to the Bench. And the firm continues to evolve. New lawyers have brought new skills to complement our existing practice areas while embracing innovative approaches to the practice of law such as alternative dispute resolution.
Today, Soloway, Wright LLP, continues to be a prominent player in the legal landscape of Eastern Ontario. Throughout its history the firm has maintained a commitment to superior legal to our clients and our community. This commitment continues to be our priority and our pledge to you.